After studying engineering at Georgia Tech and then graduating from Stetson University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics, Jim Martin attended Stetson University College of Law to obtain his Juris Doctor law degree. He worked as a law partner for a small law firm, then opened his own solo law practice in downtown St. Petersburg concentrating on wills, trusts, probate, real estate, and business law.
For the last 45 years Jim’s private law practice has been devoted to client work in wills, trusts, probate, real estate, business, and related matters and litigation in the Tampa Bay Area.
As a lawyer Jim Martin has achieved the highest ratings on Martindale Lawyers, Super Lawyers, and Avvo. In addition, he is Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Real Estate Law.
In addition to his private law practice, Jim’s legal work has included:
- Teaching Legal Drafting and Contract Drafting as an Adjunct Professor of Law at Stetson University College of Law
- Writing seven volumes of legal forms books for West Publishing on real estate, business entities, nonprofits, contracts, and specialized areas of law
- Becoming Board Certified in Real Estate Law by The Florida Bar
- Writing numerous articles on probate, real estate, and contracts law for various bar journals
- Presenting at numerous seminars for bar associations
- Serving on the editorial board of The Practical Lawyer published by the American Law Institute and American Bar Association
- Serving on the Probate Rules Committee of The Florida Bar
- Serving as chair of the St.Petersburg Bar Probate Section and Real Property Section
- Law Books Written by Jim Martin
- Legal Articles Written by Jim Martin
- Seminars Presented by Jim Martin
- Classes Taught by Jim Martin as Adjunct Professor of Law at Stetson University College of Law