Jim Martin attended Georgia Tech and Stetson University, earning a Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics from Stetson University and a Juris Doctor degree in Law from Stetson University College of Law.
In addition to over four decades of Law Practice Experience , Jim Martin’s work has included:
- Teaching contract drafting and law practice management as an Adjunct Professor of Law at Stetson University College of Law for over 10 years
- Being inducted into the Stetson University College of Law Hall of Fame
- Writing eight volumes of legal forms books published by West on contracts, real estate, corporations, LLCs, partnerships, nonprofits, and specialized areas of law for 20 years, and editing Florida Jurisprudence Forms Legal and Business
- Writing numerous articles on business, real estate, estate planning, and contracts law for national, state, and local bar publications
- Speaking at numerous seminars for bar associations
- Serving on the editorial board of The Practical Lawyer published by the American Law Institute – Continuing Legal Education
- Serving on the probate rules committee of The Florida Bar
- Serving as chair of the St. Petersburg Bar Association business law section, real property law section, and probate law section
- Serving the Salvador Dali Museum for over 40 years as a founding trustee, secretary, and executive committee member
- Serving as a St. Petersburg City Councilman, Tampa Bay Regional Planning Councilman, St. Petersburg Chamber of Commerce board attorney, Florida Trust for Historic Preservation board member, and Leadership St. Pete and Leadership Tampa Bay board member
- Becoming one of eight St. Petersburg lawyers who are board certified in real estate law by The Florida Bar
Jim Martin is admitted to practice by the Florida Supreme Court in all Florida courts. He is also admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit, and the U.S Supreme Court.