After graduating from Stetson University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics, Jim Martin attended Stetson University College of Law to obtain his Juris Doctor law degree. He worked as a law partner for a small law firm for five years, then opened his own solo law practice in downtown St. Petersburg concentrating on probate and real estate law.
For the last 40 years Jim’s private law practice has been devoted to client work in wills, trusts, probate, real estate and related matters and litigation in the Tampa Bay Area.
In addition to his private law practice, Jim’s legal work has included:
- Teaching Legal Drafting and Contract Drafting as an Adjunct Professor of Law at Stetson University College of Law
- Becoming Board Certified in Real Estate Law by The Florida Bar
- Writing seven volumes of legal forms books for West Publishing
- Writing numerous articles on probate, real estate, and contracts law for various bar journals
- Presenting at numerous seminars for bar associations
- Serving on the editorial board of The Practical Lawyer published by the American Law Institute and American Bar Association
- Serving on the Probate Rules Committee of The Florida Bar
- Serving as chair of the St.Petersburg Bar Probate Section and Real Property Section
- Serving as secretary and trustee of the Dali Museum in St. Petersburg
- Law Books Written by Jim Martin
- Legal Articles Written by Jim Martin
- Seminars Presented by Jim Martin
- Classes Taught by Jim Martin as Adjunct Professor of Law at Stetson University College of Law