Florida attorney James W. Martin provides legal advice on Florida business, contracts, probate, wills, trusts, real estate, and nonprofit law in St. Petersburg, Pinellas County, Florida. As a lawyer Jim Martin has achieved the highest ratings on Martindale, Lawyers, Super Lawyers, and Avvo.
Jim Martin attended Georgia Tech for two years and Stetson University for over four years, earning a Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics from Stetson and a Juris Doctor degree in Law from Stetson University College of Law.
In addition to his private law practice, James W. Martin’s legal work has included:
- Teaching contract drafting and law practice management as an adjunct professor of law at Stetson University College of Law
- Writing eight volumes of legal forms books for West Publishing on contracts, real estate, corporations, LLCs, partnerships, nonprofits, and specialized areas of law
- Writing numerous articles on business, probate, real estate, and contracts law and on law practice management for various bar journals
- Presenting at numerous seminars for bar associations
- Serving on the editorial board of The Practical Lawyer published by the American Law Institute CLE
- Serving on the probate rules committee of The Florida Bar
- Becoming board certified in real estate law by The Florida Bar
- Serving as chair of the St. Petersburg Bar Association business law section, real property law section, and probate law section
- Serving on the board of the Salvador Dali Museum